Below you can find some amazing ideas to make your living room look larger:
1. First of all pick up the right color scheme for your living room which is a necessary task. In order to make your living room look bigger, use for your walls light colors. It is not necessary to use white and cream. Mint green, lemon yellow, ivory grey and sky blue are some popular options.
2. Add a window seat. Generally speaking, you wouldn't otherwise back seating right up to the edge of the window; you can incorporate the seat into the rest of the room.
3. Don't use the oversized furniture with huge cushions and large armrests, because it makes a room look smaller. Incorporate a minimal amount of furniture in your living room. Place the television to the wall, few chairs, a table and a couch would be enough.
4. Another way to make the living room look larger is to make use of bright lighting in the room. If there are windows that allow natural light to come in, then there nothing could be better than this.
5. Add a central focal point in the room shall draw the eyes away from the room size and visitors will focus more on the appearance and style. An impressive focal point can be developed with decorative scones, exquisite paintings or wall mirror. Well placed mirror can make your room look larger. Use a focal point and angle your mirrors towards it, which will give the illusion of depth. The mirrors also reflect both natural and artificial light to make a room brighter during the day and night. They bounce light deep into the room, making it appear larger. Placing a mirror near a window to reflect the outdoors is especially effective.